EcoLight Terms & Conditions
- Minimum for retail orders is $5.00
- Minimum wholesale order is $100.00 (12 to a case, except 1.5 oz jars which are 24 to a case)
- Special order items must be paid in advance. All others C.O.D. or paid before shipping.
- Prices are F.O.B., Tyler, Texas, U.S.A. Texas residents will be charged 8.25% tax unless a Retail Tax ID number is provided.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Items are billed at prices in effect at time of shipment.
- Retail stock items are generally shipped within 24 hours from receipt of payment. Others are shipped, as stock is made available. (3-5 days).
- Wholesale orders are filled within 1-2 weeks, depending on the size of the order. Special orders (private label, etc.) will ship within 10 days to 2 weeks.
- All internet orders must be Visa, MC or PayPal. A secure shopping cart is available.
- No delivery will be made without adequate shipping cost included.
- A $25.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- All wholesale customers are required by law to supply a State Sales Tax Number. All orders must be paid prior to shipping.
- EcoLight Candles accepts freight/common carrier damage claims. All breakage claims are to be addressed directly to EcoLight. UPS damage claims must be reported immediately. You must keep the damaged products & packing for possible inspection or pick-up by the carrier. Claims must be made within five (5) days of delivery. No claims will be accepted after that time. We advise you to unpack and inspect your purchase as soon as it arrives, ensuring you can handle the problem within the given time frame.
- EcoLight does not pay shipping to or from customer on return or exchange of items other than breakage. Returns may incur a 20% restocking fee. All returns or exchanges must be in original, unused, sellable condition. No returns after 30 days.
- Standard shipping is UPS for Wholesale or best way, special routing information must be specified or we will ship at our own discretion. Charges are actual charges set by the carrier. We do not charge a handling fee at this time. Retail is usually shipped USPS.
- Customers categorized as residential delivery or rural will be subject to shipping charges as deemed by selective carrier.
Container/Jar Candle Safety
- To avoid glass containers from breaking, DO NOT burn a candle in a container that is chipped or cracked.
- Do not allow the candle to burn completely to the bottom of the container. Always stop about 1/2 of an inch from the bottom.
- Never allow the flame to touch the side of the container.
- Containers may become hot, always handle with care.
- Always allow the candle container to cool before replacing the lid or before moving the container. Do Not move when the wax is still liquid.
- Use a candle-holder designed for candle use when possible. The candle-holder should be heat resistant. This will protect the surface that the candle is sitting on.
General Safety/Helpful Tips
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- When the candle is extinguished make sure there are no embers.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do Not place candles near flammable objects, such as furniture, drapes, bedding, carpet, books, paper, etc.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, and debris at all times.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room that is free of drafts.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4 of an inch after each burning of the candle to keep it free from carbon build up (mushrooming).
- Burn container candles 1 hour for each inch of its diameter. This allows the flame to melt the wax and create a liquid pool all the way to the edge of the jar and will prevent "tunneling" down the middle. Example: A 3" diameter candle container should burn 3-4 hours to create a liquid pool to the edge of the container.
- To extinguish a candle use a candle "snuffer." Never put out the flame of a candle by placing the lid on it this will trap the smoke in the container. Also, never blow it out as this will mess up the fragrance you just enjoyed from the burning candle.
- Never extinguish candles with water as it could cause the hot wax to splatter and might cause the glass container to break.